Gaston

Gaston, Oregon is a blast from the past. Combining old-time small-town community with 21st century accessibility and amazing vineyards using sustainable growing practices, you can have it all in the rural lifestyle. Close to amazing recreation and state parks, rich agricultural land, and amazing views of the valley, Gaston is the perfect place for a retirement getaway, a peaceful vacation home, or a bit of Oregon land to cultivate in your own way. With an independent school district, independent library, and a strong community, Gaston feels like an original Oregon settlement without the hustle and bustle of modern life's stress. With easy access to the city of Forest Grove, with all of its theaters, restaurants, parks, and cultural activities at Pacific University, residents of Gaston have the best of all worlds.

GASTON, OREGON HISTORY

Gaston was named after the railroad proponent Joseph Gaston, who immigrated to Oregon from Ohio in 1862. Gaston was responsible for the promotion of the west-side railroad southwest of Portland, which was later built by Holladay and Villard. He built the narrow-gauge rail line from Dayton to Sheridan in 1878 and subsequently wrote and published histories of Portland and Oregon. Gaston post office was established on June 5, 1873.

Gaston Market: 222 Front St Gaston, OR 97119 - I did an open house here for another agent and this was the only store in town but I love funky little grocery stores in small towns and this is no exception. They have a well stocked selection while staying small and charming. Food, drinks, cat food, a big selection of tools and work gloves -- they even cut keys with an old school key machine! Try the chicken strips, they are surprisingly awesome!!!  And I was putting my open house signs out on the corner and each time someone offered to help me.  I love small towns!!! 

Search Gaston Homes for Sale

This content was last updated on Jul 16, 2018 7:32:pm. Some properties which appear for sale on this web site may subsequently have sold or may no longer be available. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified. The content relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the IDX program of the RMLS™ of Portland, Oregon. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Keller Williams are marked with the IDX logo, and detailed information about these properties includes the names of the listing brokers. Listing content is copyright © 2018 RMLS™, Portland, Oregon.

Today's Market Trends for Gaston *

$653,900

0.05%

$249

0.06%

0.03%

June

May

0.09%

-0.11%

Chart Temporarily Unavailable
Chart Temporarily Unavailable